Teachers Needed in Taiwan
American School Full Time Teaching Positions in Kaohsiung, Taiwan
We are hiring for a full-time position for August 2019.
American School was started in 2004 approaching ELL (English Language Learning)
instruction using an American Language Arts curriculum.
We currently have 2 branches in the southern coastal city of Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
prides itself on building a school culture where students work hard, are
encouraged to be creative, and enjoy coming to English class.
our website page for more information:
RAS branches are foreign managed. Teachers are given a set schedule of up to 5
classes which they teach and manage during the school year.
Our students come to us after school starting from 1:45 pm until 9:00 pm.
Our curriculum and schedule are pre-organized so teachers can give their full
attention to perfecting their teaching methods and style. We primarily teach
elementary school-aged students.
• Paid training
• An Alien Resident Card
• National Health Insurance
• 2 weeks break during Chinese New Year and 3 weeks during the summer
• A contract completion bonus
• Our base pay rate is 640NT per hour and increases upon each year you re-sign. (71,000-75,000NT per month for first
year. Hourly pay. No unpaid work hours.1st year estimate. You’ll work 28-30
hours per week)
• Continual professional development throughout the year
• A fun and professional work environment
• All of our
candidates must meet the following requirements as specified by the Taiwan
Bureau of Labor Affairs:
• Be a native speaker of English holding a passport from Australia, Canada,
Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the United Kingdom, or the USA
• Have a passport valid for at least the next six months
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. You need to bring
your diploma to Taiwan.
• Be able to pass a general medical examination in Taiwan
• Be willing to commit to at least a one-year contract
• Have a clean national-level (FBI, RCMP, etc.) criminal background check from
your country of origin. You need to bring the report to Taiwan.
• Applicants holding a Bachelor’s degree majoring in any field will be
• Applicants with a degree in Education or with a CELTA certification are
• Applicants with teaching experience are preferred.
ALWAYS CLICK THE SEND
RESUME BUTTON ON THIS JOB POST PAGE TO ENSURE THE EMPLOYER RECEIVES YOUR